We are Teva Pharma New Zealand. Protecting your privacy is important to us. This policy explains how we manage personal information within our organisation.
Kinds of personal information we collect
The kind of personal information that we collect and hold about you may include:
- identifying information, such as your name and date of birth;
- contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- social media handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public;
- financial information, such as credit card, bank account or other payment details;
- details about your occupation;
- details of any products or services that we provide to you;
- information about how you use the products and services we provide;
- records of our communications with you, including any messages you send us; and
- information about how you use our websites, which may include browsing information, device information, server log information, IP address, and location information.
Without this information we may not be able to provide you with our products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by our products or services) or to respond to queries or requests that you submit to us.
Teva will not collect sensitive information (such as information about your beliefs, religion, race, health status, relations, sexual preferences and practices and associations) unless it is necessary to do so in order for us to communicate or do business with you, or if you voluntarily provide it to us on an unsolicited basis.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- when you order products or services from us;
- when you submit a query or request to us;
- when you respond to a survey that we run or fill in forms on one of our websites;
- when you correspond with us (eg. via email);
- by tracking your use of our websites;
- from public sources;
- from third parties who are entitled to disclose that information to us; and
- when you apply for a job with us.
In some cases we may be required by law to collect certain types of personal information about you.
Where we collect personal information from you, we will generally do so directly ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect personal information from a third party, such as through your representatives, contractors who provide services to us, or third parties who refer you to us because they think you may be interested in our products or services.
Purposes for which we use personal information
We use personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you about, book and co-ordinate itineraries for our meetings, functions and events;
- to verify your identity when you are dealing with us;
- to determine your eligibility for any of our products or services;
- to enable us to provide our products and services;
- to answer your queries and requests;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including the investigation of any complaints;
- to carry out market analysis and research;
- to monitor use of our products and services;
- to assess, maintain, upgrade and improve our website, products and services;
- to carry out education and training programs for our staff;
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues;
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes; and
- to keep you informed about our activities, including by sending out newsletters.
We may from time to time use your personal information in order to send you marketing materials about products or services that we think you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at IL_Privacy.Tevail@teva.co.il.
We may also use and disclose your information for other purposes as authorised by you, or in accordance with your requests or instructions.
People to whom we disclose personal information
We may share personal information about you with:
- your representatives, advisers and others you have authorised to interact with us on your behalf;
- our staff who need the information to discharge their duties;
- related entities within our corporate group;
- our business partners, agents and service providers (including those service providers who assist in our marketing activities);
- payment system operators and financial institutions;
- prospective purchasers of all or part of our business or shares in our company or a related entity;
- professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business; and
- government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law.
In some cases the people to whom we disclose your personal information may be located overseas and may be subject to different privacy regimes. The countries in which these people are likely to be located include Israel, the United States of America, Canada and Australia. This is because your data will be hosted on a database that is accessible by us globally.
Storage and security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information which we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. These steps include promptly updating personal information when we are advised that the information has changed, checking our contact lists for accuracy, and providing individuals with a simple means to update their personal information.
We store personal information for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. We generally store the personal information that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers. Sometimes we also keep hard copy records of this personal information in physical storage facilities. We use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that we hold, and we update these from time to time to address new and emerging security threats.
Access and correction
If you want to access any of the personal information that we hold about you or to correct some aspect of it (e.g. because you think it is incomplete or incorrect), please contact us using the contact details set out below. To protect the integrity and security of the information we hold, we may ask that you follow a defined access procedure, which may include steps to verify your identity. In certain cases we may charge you an administration fee for providing you with access to the information you have asked for, but we will inform you of this before proceeding. There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality. In these cases we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your personal information and think we may have breached the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles, or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below. Complaints must be lodged in writing. We will deal with the matter within a reasonable time, and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact us to discuss your concerns. You are also entitled to make a complaint to The Privacy Commissioner’s Office - http://www.privacy.org.nz/
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website.
If you need to contact us or want any further information from us on privacy matters, please contact our privacy manager at:
Mail: Teva Pharma New Zealand
PO Box 128244, Remuera, Auckland 1541, New Zealand
Phone: +64 9 630 4488